Dec 5, 2012

Wino by Limo

B loves contests and competitions.  I could do without them most days.  Sometime last year after we had our engagement pictures taken and bought our wedding bands I got a text message from B that went a little something like this. 

B: "vote for us"
Me: "for what?"
B: "most photogenic couple of course!"
Me: "ummm...?"
B: "seriously go do it!"
Me: "where?"
(He doesnt often give a lot of details when he makes requests for random things...)

B had entered us into Mervis Diamond's most photogenic couple contest.  And if we weren't photogenic enough on our own, he stacked the deck in our favor by submitting a picture of us with Tucker! 
Photogenic, right? 
Well as things would have it Tucker stole the show and we won by a landslide! Crazy ridiculous but we did.  And our prize? A chartered limo to take us wherever we want for a day! So we grabbed a few friends and hit a few Virginia wineries that we hadn't tried yet.   
Winos ready for a day of fun!
(I actually think this photo was from the end of our journey- we dont look to worse for the wear!)
First stop was Naked Mountain.  Some people were disappointed the tour wasn't done in the buff.
Here's the wine tour planner himself!  
Fraternity brothers
When we got to setting up our picnic, we realized between the Brooks and us we had B & my monogram in cheese boards! I really wanted to steal that B board from Lee (but I didn't)! 
Next up was Barrel Oak- the most dog friendly winery ever! We were so sad we didn't have T with us, maybe next time! 

Next to be married!  
"smile with your teeth!"
More picnic-ing 
The wine experts 
Our limo ride home looked a little like this-  guess that means we had a great time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment