The cool breeze blowing through the patio doors in my room brings with it the reminder of change, and that things arent what they have previously been. Call it nostalgia, or just call it part of growing up and moving forward, I dont know what to call it. Except I miss a lot of things:
I miss sitting on my second story porch, walking down mason street to get to campus. I miss my roommates and sorority sisters. I miss parking in the football garage and walking into the basement. I miss recruitment, chanting, long nights of voting with my girls. I miss friends that walk together through so much.
I miss best friends since freshman year. I miss talking all night about everything and nothing all at the same time. I miss gabbing over first dates, cute boys in class, and questioning our future paths. I miss theme parties, thousands of pictures, borrowing outfits, and road trips. I miss standing together in each other's weddings.
I miss the excitement of each new semester. I miss walking into class for the first time, praying for good professors and being mesmerized by a great lecture. I miss cramming for hours before an exam with slp study buddies then skipping over to the pub to sing away the stress & worry.
I miss friends living just a few rooms or houses away, grabbing a coffee on the way to class. I miss leaves changing colors in the valley, the sound of cannon's announcing another JMU touchdown, and how the gardeners plant purple & yellow flowers all over campus for parents weekend. I miss drinks on the taratsa and having favorite bars to frequent each week.
I miss JMU.
I miss best friends.
I miss the moments I let pass by.
I miss the chances I didnt take advantage of.
I miss the people I too often took for granted.
I miss the years that have passed because they passed too quickly.

No comments:
Post a Comment