What a year it has been! It seems like we can say that about each and every year, but this year has been filled with so many positives and happy moments that will always be remembered and have impacted the rest of my life (eh-um engagement ring a bell?)! So without too much talk, lets countdown my favorite 11 memories of 2011 I thought that number would be more than fitting! And then after the holidays subside we can fill in all that has been happening between Christmas tree cutting and ringing in the newest (and Im guessing happiest) year to date.
11. Buying my very own car: Yes, having to invest in a new car was a negative, but getting to pick out and sign my name on the dotted line before driving MY car off the lot had to me one of the times I felt more like a grown up than ever before. Now, about those monthly payments...
10. Celebrating all the newlyweds: So many of my friends got married this year (just like past years) which is exciting as B and I enter that stage of life too. I loved getting to share in the most important day for some of the most special people I know! Congrats to all our first-married Christmas friends!
9. traveling to boston: Im more of a road trip than airplane ride trip person. I can take as much luggage as I want that way! But, I did airplane travel to Boston this year which was the most northern point I have ever been too and was pleasantly surprised with how friendly people up north were. It was great to get to tour around and see all that the historic city has to offer with my sister.
8. Boating at Lake Conneaut: Our family is becoming quite the water-lovers as we have now added a lake house to the extended family repertoire! Boating around, relaxing and many games of speed solitaire made our time at Lake Conneaut so enjoyable this summer.
7. Spending so much of the summer at the beach: Thankfully each year I seem to make it to the beach more than the year before and we keep finding "local" restaurants and bars with so much character that we no longer eat at Phillips for 6/7 meals during the week...
6. running Disney again: I think after the 2nd year running at Disney, it's safe to say that we are hooked! I loved that B and I actually stayed together to run the half this year and then I cheered B on to his best time in the full marathon the next day. We even got asked to do some promptional photo shooting for Disney in front of the castle! What a memorable trip. Unfortunately we arent running the marathon for 2012, we figured it was a wise decision with the wedding and all to save some money and time off for the honeymoon! But in 2013 we will be back at Disney again and both running as Eickels!
5. Continuing to be JMU's biggest fans: After construction was finished for Bridgeforth and we picked our new seats, cheering on the Dukes became even more fun each game. Getting to see old friends, make new ones on the alumni trip down, and even watching from the VIP box- the only thing that would have made the season better is if JMU and APP would have both made it to the championship and JMU would have won!
4. All the wine we drank: we drank a lot of wine this year! Wine tasting at Chrysalis, Lost Creek, Fabbioli, Breaux, Hillsboro, Doukenie and even Lake Conneaut Winery. I think I have decided that I like reds better than white, I love the official grape of VA: Norton, and as far as favorite it's either a Cab Sav or maybe Malbec. Hopefully 2012 will bring more tastings and perhaps even at new wineries we havent been to yet!
3. Finally being featured on katelyn's blog: I have watched and admired Katelyn James a photographer since I met her through my high school friends. I dreamed but never actually thought I would see my own pictures on her blog, but this year I did (If you missed us, you can see it here: Engaged ). Which leads us unto my next top moment...
2. Tucker: I know these last two moments are really intertwined, but I think they were both so important that they deserved to have their own recognition. I have never had a pet, ever and have always wanted a dog but been nervous about it too. Would I like the dog? Would it destroy my house? Would I be a good dog owner? But all of these fears and worries dissolved the moment I met Tucker. He made an already amazing day (Engagement day) even better. Even though he lives with B right now, whenever I see him, he brightens my day, is the best cuddler, is smarter than another other dog I know, and has the biggest heart. I can't imagine the last 6 months without this little pup in it. What did I talk about before he came along?
1. Getting engaged: Hands down the best, most exciting, most surprising (no really!) moment of 2011 for me was having Brandon ask me to be his wife! I have loved this man for 3 years and finally knowing that we will get to spend the rest of our lives together is the best feeling in the world! I am so blessed to have him and his family in my life, and I cant wait to see where life will take us. 2012 will be a big year for us (and 6 months from today we will be Mr. and Mrs.)!









your so cute its gross :P
ReplyDeleteLove you LMT! Such a wonderful post and great year! xoxo
ReplyDeleteLove this so much! We just did our goals/plans/dreams for 2012 and your wedding was the first thing under "vacations"!!!!!
ReplyDelete