Dec 5, 2011

on my map

if I had a map of all my favorite places, Im sure a few are pretty obvious: Fredericksburg, Harrisonburg, Vineyard Vines stores, Jcrews, Bethany Beach, and now you can add Hobby Lobby to that list! I thought I was a crafty gal who knew a lot about where to get the best deals, until my world was rocked when I walked in Hobby Lobby.  It literally was a super store of everything I would need (minus the right size plant pots) to craft my way into 2012!
I think my first trip yielded a price tag of around $60 but here's what I got (2 wreath forms, 2 topiary forms, 2 wooden letters, 4 boxes of ornaments, a bag of "filler glitter balls", glue gun sticks, and 25 yards of ribbon).  Heck, I had to stock up since its an hour drive to get back here next time!
(the letters arent part of the project, but they were from Hobby Lobby and will be used at the wedding somehow)

This is my first H.Lobby project (and its for 6.30.12)! Total cost: $17.98 for foam topiaries + $5 for green glitter balls + glue gun and sticks + 2 hours of time = $22 give or take
Take foam topiaries, beads, and hot glue 
pick a spot at the top and begin glueing the beads on, alternating in size and working your way down and around the topiary form. 
and then, voila! the finished product: 
I just need to find the right size pots to put them in.  At least I have 7 more months to do so!

No comments:

Post a Comment