There have been several times during the last 6 years that I have questioned my choice of profession. Most of these moments pass quickly and then I'm back to knowing that I am exactly where I'm supposed to be, doing exactly what I need to do at this point in my life. But this latest wedged a big 'ole splinter into my already tired, over worked, SLP-in training self. Start with 50ish hours of work a week, lots of patients, reports, not a great mentorship relationship, and a commute that leaves something to be desired. Then add in a midterm review that not only doesn't recognize all the work you have done, but discredits, criticizes, and penalizes for things you have not been given the opportunity to demonstrate. Oh and did I mention that it isnt halfway through my term at the George yet? It's only been 4 weeks; so where "midterm" came from I dont know...
I know when April 30 rolls around I will look back and say that I have learned so much and become a better clinician, but do I really have to be beaten, broken, and crushed in the meantime? I need a great week this week, with compliant patients, wonderful sessions that wow my supervisor, and opportunities to show what I know. So in this and in a few other aspects of my life right now I really need to trust in God's plan for my life and trust that He will not throw anything at me that I can't handle. Here's to trusting...
No comments:
Post a Comment