In honor of my momma's big birthday a few weeks ago, we hosted a surprise birthday celebration with almost the whole family in attendance. I spent the week leading up to the party collecting all the Lilly I could (which wasn't too hard in my house!), cooking, and making tissue paper pom poms- which I thought would be a little easier than they were.
There was quite a bit of pink and green that my patient husband lived with for the week:
Pendant Lilly birthday sign- this will totally be recycled for the next girl bday!
Had to break out our China for the party- it's sat in boxes since our wedding
Pom-poms and lantern lights abound
Sangria helped get us in the summery mood
In her several decades, there's only one of the 50 states that this woman hasn't visited. So for her birthday gift, this summer we are packing our bags (and getting passports for those without them, eh-ahem) for a trip to Alaska and Canada!
Thanks to the cookbook I got a wedding shower, I "doctored" up a cake recipe to make Snickerdoodle Cake. It was a hit even for my family's picky eaters!
Continuing the celebration at Extra Virgin in Shirlington.
No comments:
Post a Comment