Dec 11, 2012

Thanks and Giving

Our first married Thanksgiving went off without a hitch.  Well, except for the pie I tried to make!

We got to spend some time with both families over the long weekend and by Sunday night we needed another weekend because we had too much fun with little sleep to show for it.. but it was worth it.  We are really lucky to get to have both families so close that we never have to miss a holiday.

We started Thanksgiving morning with a 5 mile turkey trot.
Great way to prepare for the holiday over-consumption!
Then it was off to have Thanksgiving round one with my family in MD:
Even T got a Thanksgiving treat.
It took us 5 plus minutes trying to get a good picture of him and the turkey (with little success)!
Someone wouldn't give up his Turkey to pose
Family pictures took forever! What will pictures with babies be like?!
From MD we drove out to the beach house and of course we hit the midnight madness shopping at the outlets.  After sleeping in on Friday we took Tuck to the beach.  Yes, he's still scared of the waves.

Fighting the urge to chase the yappy dogs up and down the boardwalk 
Love my boys 
 So here's the story on my pie.  I'm great with cookies and brownies, and lots of baked goods in between, but I really wanted to tackle something I had never done before... pies.  So I picked out a pie recipe that sounded great, Toll House Pie and off I went.  Mind you my patient husband went to 3 grocery stores to buy pie shells the day before Thanksgiving (thanks B!).
As soon as I took it out of the oven I knew something went wrong.  The top was cooked but underneath through the glass plate it looked like it wasnt cooked.  But we took it to Brandon's parents house anyways and hoped for the best...
Before the first slice: looks perfect! 
As soon as we cut it the pie spilled everywhere!
The culprit: the recipe calls for too much butter.  
I will for sure be trying this recipe again and next time I am halving the butter.  I'll keep you posted.

After the beach it was off to Gtown to see the E family and celebrate Thanksgiving round 3.  We had an awesome dinner, went to see the park light display (which mind you, Tucker laid out the window to see closer... yes our dog is part human), and then finished up the weekend by getting our Christmas tree.  But that's for another day! 

Where's waldo?
A great first Thanksgiving for us as Mr. & Mrs.! Now on to the Christmas season... 

No comments:

Post a Comment