Nov 1, 2012

A Pumpkin for T

October flew by so quickly and I never got to blog about our trip to get pumpkins! Well, better November 1 than December 1 so here we go... 

We wanted to get so many fun fall adventures in that we had to cram so much into each weekend.  On our way to yet another JMU football game we stopped at Hollins Farm in Delaplane- its a dog friendly pumpkin patch and farm! We had a blast for the morning picking a pumpkin for each person in our family, digging up potatoes and peanuts, eating pumpkin ice cream (my favorite), carmel apples, and playing with the other dogs.  

Checking out the petting zoo 

did I mention the views were out of this world! 

I know this picture is over-exposed, but I love those floppy ears and the head tilt in this one! 

Tucker found his own pumpkin


Virginia farm land

Best part: homemade pumpkin ice cream 

Fresh carmel apples for this kid 

We may or may not have encouraged him to jump in our wagon after unloading all the pumpkins into the car... I dont think he liked it.  

If you're looking for a great family-friendly, dog-friendly farm in Virginia to spend the day at, Hollins Farm is it! We got 3 big pumpkins, peanuts, apples, potatoes and snacks and spent maybe $35.  What a steal! We will for sure be going back next fall.  

No comments:

Post a Comment