Maybe its the same thing that gets me about personalized stationary whether mine or someone else's, old-fashioned thank you notes, and snail mail notes to just say "hi." Either way, I love nice papers. I envisioned us having our invitation framed in our home for many years to come and wanted to smile when I saw it. I wanted it to set the theme and vibe for our wedding months before our guests even arrived. And to me, that's exactly what it did! We worked with the wonderful ladies of The Dandelion Patch, Georgetown to create these beauties.
After sifting through hundreds of invitation samples and not finding exactly what we were looking for, and learning that it is not proper etiquette to uses a couple's "married monogram" on any paper products used prior to the ceremony, we settled on the ampersand and decided to design our own. We pulled pieces from here and there, and then cross our fingers that our proof would turn out just the way we wanted. That the ivory paper + navy & gold would pop. That the design would flow and not look too busy...
We L-O-V-E our invitations and are so glad that we didn't cut corners (well we did round them, haha) and went with what we dreamed they would look like. So drum roll please...
Enclosure card
RSVP set
Invitation
Whole invitation ensemble
Beautiful outer envelopes
This is the perfect time to add that we have the most marvelous friends in the whole world! One of our bridesmaid's mothers did the hand calligraphy on the inner & outer envelopes (which was sooo gorgeous) & turned out more beautiful than I could have ever imagined; and 2 other bridesmaids + a great roommate helped organize, stuff, seal, & stamp all the invites with me while sharing a growler of Port City Beer of course!
As of today, we're 2 months out from the big day...

No comments:
Post a Comment