Feb 14, 2012

West Virginia Weekend

As soon as you drive through the front gates of The Greenbrier (after being checked off the guest list of course) you are immediately struck by its beauty.  Then you begin to ask yourself how a place this beautiful stands in such contrast to the run down and practically abandoned town of Sulphur Springs WV that it is a part of.  


Rather than narrate our entire trip, I decided to do Greenbrier by the numbers.  Enjoy! 
Four: the number of hours it took us to get here

One: The number of speeding tickets obtained en-route and
One Hundred Fifty: The cost it will be to pay said ticket (thankfully I wasnt driving this time...)
Twenty Five: The number of times I said "I wish our house could be decorated by Dorothy Draper" 
Seven: The number of different doors to get into our suite (The Treasury Suite) 
Five: The number of pillows I slept with and
Two: The number of bed-time chocolates I ate 

Three: The number of times I put on the plush robe & dreamed about the monogrammed robes on our registry at Pottery Barn 
Fifteen: The number of times we commented "Are we really in West Virginia right now?"

Twenty Four: The number of hours we spent there: shopping, eating, going ice skating, eating, drinking tea, swimming, drinking side car cocktails, gambling, more eating & sleeping

Five: The number of cups of Tea I drank in a 24 hour period.  Their tea was ah-mazing! 

One Million: The number of times I thanked my lucky stars that I get to marry this man in 4 months! 

Fifty: The number of years we celebrated since Terry's birth! 

Forty Four: Prime 44- The restaurant we ate dinner at on Saturday 

Thirteen: The number of dollars I lost at the Casino 

Fifteen: The number of minutes these two tried to play us songs on the piano at 2am

We all had a great time, one we will remember for sure! I think we may have found our second wedding cocktail thanks to this trip (Side Car perhaps?).  Who wants to grab a direct flight from Reagan to Greenbrier or jump on the train with me to get back there without having to drive? 

No comments:

Post a Comment