There are moments when life seems so big. When all the little things start to feel like big thing and it feels like you cant get through all the muck to the other side. Its in these moments that I begin to ask myself why these little things felt so important a few moments ago. Why do pridefulness and selfishness take over so quickly, when we barely notice them creeping in.
I think we all know our own faults to some extent. For many, our greatest strengths are also our greatest weaknesses. I think one of mine is my passion and how I feel everything. I never would have previously called myself an emotional person, but add stress, expectations, and the merging of different opinions and you are bound to get emotions. Life has been so big lately but I cant even remember when it started to pick up steam.
I know we can never please everyone, but that doesnt mean that we ( I ) dont try. But when I try, someone is always disappointed, and most times no one wins. The expectations that others place on us, or that we believe and feel others are placing can be crippling. Two thousand twelve has already been full of so much. So much emotion, so much pride, and so much doubt.
This year a friend suggested that none of us make new year's resolutions. Instead, we pick a word. Just one word. A word that embodies what you hope you will gain, what you want to accomplish, what you pray God will instill in you in the 12 months to come.
Trust.
In repentance and rest is your salvation, in quietness and trust is your strength. Isaiah 30:15.
Trust. Here's to 2012
No comments:
Post a Comment