Wow! My goal was to get most all of our wedding planning done by the beginning of this new year so that we could spend the last 6 months of our engagement not caught up in the chaos of picking flowers, meeting with vendors, and trying on dresses. Instead I want to spend these next 6 months soaking in this phase of engagement that we wont ever get back. Spending time just being together, dreaming for the future, enjoying our friends, our "singleness" and all that comes with living in a great city with so much to do! Oh and we'll be needing to find a place to live and furniture before 6.30 too (minor details).
We have successfully gotten just about everything on our wedding list done! The only big to dos still are signing off on our invitation proof, picking and booking our honeymoon (suggestions welcome!) oh and getting the corrected version of our guest book in. Which leads me to my Mixbook rant...
Mixbook. Ah, the beautiful devil. There are so many creative and great ways people are doing guest books these days, but B and I couldnt agree on one. So in an effort to have a way to show off our great engagement pictures for years to come, we opted to go with the traditional photo book. But we didnt want just any photobook. We wanted the best photo book you've ever seen!
So on I went. Researching which company to pick and what layouts to use, etc. We picked Mixbook after my mom had made several photobooks on their site and loved it. They gave me total freedom and a blank canvas to design my own layouts, upgrade to leather cover and binding, and we got it at a fairly good price (under $100). Over Christmas I spent 5-6 hours picking pictures, making layouts, cropping, and getting the preview just right. I was seriously in my old yearbook editor hay days again, and I was loving it! I really do think I might have to get back involved in publications and a more creative field because that half of my brain is wasting away in here!
A few weeks later my book came in the mail. And wouldnt you know it, but pictures were misaligned, ones that were supposed to run off the page didnt, and there was uneven white space all over the place! Happy little mixbooker workers ordered me another and refunded my shipping (and my leather upgrade fee had been refunded eariler because of a bogus sale code they had going). 2 more weeks go by and I get my new copy. All the inside pictures were fixed, but the cover was still wrong (note big black line down the right side. grr!) So I call and "shelia, bob, stanley," whoever he is orders me another cover. third try here people. I got it in the mail this week, and I hate to even have to say it, but it was still wrong!
Now Im mad. After yet another call to those less happy mixbookers, I have been reassured that a corrected (but Im not holding my breath) copy will arrive shortly, and I was refunded the entire cost of my book.
So on 6.30 please take note of the guestbook. It was a headache to say the least to get and get it right but I love it and am so pleased with how it turned out!
No comments:
Post a Comment