Sep 11, 2013

Year One, Done!

June 30, 2012 we were here: 

365 days later... 
Our anniversary started with church, a special marriage blessing, and a surprise trip to Red Door for massages! 
Then it was a special pick up from Georgetown Cupcake.  Monogrammed cupcakes, B knows the way to my heart! 
After leaving Tuck with a babysitter (thanks Katie!), we headed off to an undisclosed location for the rest of our anniversary celebration: Montpelier 
Hey husband 

James Madison brought us together, so it only fit to go visit where he got it all started, his home.    
We attempted to be B&B people (first timers!) and The Mayhurst Inn didn't disappoint.  
We then enjoyed a beautiful dinner at Foti's (One of Washingtonian's top 100 restaurants... quite a bit South of Washington, in Orange, VA).

Maybe we'll have to start searching for these displays all around VA
Wedding cake and champagne, a year later.  Both we're fabulous! 
 After one of the top 5 breakfasts I've ever had, we hit the road for a mini wine tour.  We stopped at Horton and Barboursville for tastings and another picnic.
Can you spot a groom in the ruins? 
I wish every Monday could be Anniversary Monday! Add another favorite winery to our list.  
It truly was the second best weekend of my life.  I am so thankful for a husband who likes to plan and likes to plan surprises (he literally coordinated the whole thing on his own).  I am so glad to be doing life with you B, Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment