Ah! I do enjoy wedding season, and it appears that this year's season is going to start early for me. I have known for a while now that one of my oldest childhood friends and one of my closest college and beyond friends had their weddings planned on the same exact day, 200 miles apart. (insert extreme sadness, disappointment, and frustration here). Even though I have joyfully committed to standing beside said close college and beyond friend on her glorious day, I had chosen to ignore the fact that I will miss seeing another important friend who I can remember talking about our future weddings with back when we were 7 or 8 years old... until this week I was hit with the reality as I received both save-the-dates and finally had to acknowledge that I cant be in two places at once. Both of these ladies have been through some very important milestones with me. From graduations to heartbreaks I have seen so much of my life with one of these two, I just wish that they were getting married a week apart instead! And have I mentioned that this is the 3rd summer in a row that I have had 2 friends getting married on the same day (and it hasnt gotten any easier to miss one for the other...) But can I point out how beautiful and creative these two friends are with their very-different but oh-so-lovely reminders of their upcoming nuptials?! I am so excited to stand beside you AKH and watch you wed the man of your dreams but I will for sure be celebrating you too, JMT and picturing how gorgeous you will be walking down the aisle with big T to meet your farmer husband-to-be at the alter!
Jill & Buddy's Save the Date | 4/30/11 from Jill Taylor on Vimeo.
No comments:
Post a Comment