Most people dont know that I actually have put my family through several health scares in the last few years. From unexplained allergies and ER visits, to trach scares, not agreeing with antibiotics, black outs, and surgeries I have probably single-handedly cost my parents health insurance more than the two of them combined. (When I finally got off their plan this past summer I swear my dad threw a little party for himself over the income increase)! The new doctor that I began seeing this summer proposed an idea that I have long fought against, wearing a medical alert bracelet. All, and yes I mean ALL of my other doctors had already proposed this plan, and I always nodded in agreement in their offices and never took action when I left to actually get one made. Now I know this seems trivial and superficial but those things are just plain ugly! My sister even investigated if Tiffany Co. made anything that could serve this purpose for me- a surefire guarantee that I would actually buy and wear it, but alas! they dont. (insert disappointment here). I think 2011 is going to bring a lot of maturity and new things to my life, one of them being that I am finally recognizing the importance of others knowing how to care for me if I cannot tell them myself.
So here's the challenge folks, I am in search of a cute, trendy, match-with-all-outfits, medical alert bracelet. Know of anywhere I can get one? Comment below!
No comments:
Post a Comment