Nov 23, 2010

Its in my blood

Growing up my mom had a "Courtland Christmas tree" that was white and blue, with little cheerleaders, pom poms, and footballs on it, decorated in honor of my high school.  I had a CHS cheerleading uniform from the time I was seven years old, and used to stand in front of the Varsity cheerleaders memorizing their cheers/ chants at football games.  I knew offensive from defense because I played pick up football in the lot across from my house with all the neighborhood boys and my dad was determined that I wouldnt make him look bad by calling a defense cheer while our boys were on offense.  By the time I was old enough to try out for the cheerleading squad, cheering for the cougars was already in my blood.  I was a football cheerleader and four-year competition cheerleader in high school, earning the True Blue Cougar award as well as the senior superlative for most school spirited.  
Cougars @ Senior States, hello champions! 
This love of football and all things school- spirit related definitely continued to college, my choice of colors just had to change (from blue to purple).  So obviously, if I'm going to a football game I'm going to be wearing only purple and gold with all the coordinating accessories (much to Drew's surprise and amusement).  And if I am going to throw a tailgate, it will be complete with football- themed platters and a JMU cornhole set.  (And thanks to my mom and Bran's, all the fixing were complete)!  


It has become an annual tradition to go to the JMU v WM game (although during said game, we dont acknowledge Ryan and his alma mater).  This year was our best executed tailgate to date and all my favorite hburg residents and football fans were in attendance.
Tay. Drew. Ryan (ignore his jersey). Bran. Meg. Lis
 Of course we would match in coordinating vests & collars
(too bad you cant see my purple shoes!)
So glad you got to do your first tailgate as a Duke fan. 
So many compliments on the boards 
(thanks again for building them Rick; FYI painting them took me forever!)


 My parents played cornhole & my dad beat me! 
I love our kickstand! 
 Eickels after the Dukes win! 
purple looks good on us! 

No comments:

Post a Comment