Feb 9, 2010

The day has come!

I can barely believe it myself, folks, but today was my first day at Georgetown! 
Regardless of the continued (yet failing) efforts of snow removal of VDOT and DCDOT, the 3rd consecutive work day that the government has been closed, the closed metro, and the impending (and currently already dumping snow storm), I made it in! 
The day was chaos.  From trying to reschedule patients from the afternoon because of the snow, to staff setting up the cots for the nurses who are going to be on 72 hr hold to staff the hospital in the storm, and trying to get my orientation stuff done (and the way too many tries it took them to get my badge done correctly) and find my way around the hospital, there was barely a dull moment, oh and we saw patients.
Come hell or high water, even a snowpocalypse doesnt close a hospital... so to work I go. And I love it.  It's only been one day, but so far so good.  I think this will be one of the most intersting/ challenging/ memorable grad experiences, but here we go... 10 hour shitfs woohoo! 


Here are a couple shots from snOwMG round one, Im sure tomorrow will bring some more.
The golf course all winter wonderland-ified




Can you believe this snow?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment