I love my hometown. I love it for all its quirks and craziness, I love it for all the familiar faces, I love it for all the memories I have growing up here, I love it for its history and the role it played for our country, and I love it for it's small town America-ness. But most of all I love it because its home. But today, I do not love it. It has been 4 (count them Spotsy F-O-U-R) full days since it stopped snowing during the "holiday 09 blizzard" and our roads have YET to be plowed. Now, I know this is a school child's dream, but common people I have a marathon to train for! Let's do the math:
20 inches of snow + 4 days of near melting - a snow plow = 1 very unsuccessful marathon training program
Needless to say, a few slips and falls later, a quality run (the one that I was hoping for today) was not accomplished. On a brighter note I didn't have to spend the day recovering, I spent the day with my mom, sister, & pseudo-mom lunching, and then baking cookies. I am the only one in my family who bakes so the responsibility of keeping up with my granny & grandmother's traditions falls somewhere, right about, here.
So, tomorrow after waking to Santa's surprises & a super healthy breakfast of cinnamon buns (a family tradition that will not be altered for a marathoner) I will be running. Even if I have to run 30 laps up and down the main road (the only thing that is plowed) I must run!
My letter to Santa this year will go something like this: Santa, I was a really good girl this year and I am NOT dreaming of a white christmas. Please make my dreams come true. Merry Christmas, Please and Thank You, Love me.
Ohhhh and CONGRATULATIONS to Luke & Taylor on their Engagement! YAY! All my love yall!
No comments:
Post a Comment