That's right, we're into the single digits... 8 days till I'm a Mrs! In my absence from blogging, I thought it could be fun to list the 9 funniest things that have happened in the last few weeks of planning/ life/ trying to get organize & everything finished and ready for the wedding:
1. We had more furniture issues: that makes 4 pieces of brand new furniture that need to be replaced (this is a post all of its on once its resolved)
2. Last week we were informed of Spotsy's "Stars & Stripes Spectacular" aka 4th of July celebration that just happens to be occurring on the same day, at the same time, in the same 2 mile radius as our wedding. Revamping the wedding timeline... Heck, at least we get some stellar fireworks!
3. After printing over 150 programs & folding them, we found some things we overlooked and have to reprint. The program has been the thing that it took me so long to figure out exactly what I wanted it to look like, and now in an ironic way, we're working real hard to get it that way! Funny enough, Liz helped me print the programs, (she must have passed her bad program ju-ju to me because for her wedding she had to print her programs 2x too) but next round of printing, she's out.
4. Even though we worked so hard to get a lot of planning done ahead of time, there are about a zillion things even a type-A person like myself never thought would have to be done, at the last minute!
5. I got a "practice" spray tan for the wedding. Weirdest experience of my life! You basically get painted with a tan & cant shower for 12 hours. I'm out of the "no showering/ no sweating" window & my tan is still here... let's hope it still looks great in a few days so I know what my post-wedding tan will look like in Jamaica. Then next week I'll try the real deal.
6. We got a monogrammed throw pillow for a shower gift. We love it! Well, the embroidery started unraveling, so I took it back. We're now on pillow round 3 (which PotteryBarn didnt mail to me, but to the buyer of the gift). Guess I'll have to wait just a little longer to find out of 3rd time is the charm...
7. Tucker is the best dog ever. No really, he's an angel. Until this week. He ate a hole in the E's family room carpet. Right smack dab in the middle. I dont know if he thought he was biting his towels, or got extra bored, or smelled something under there but the entire room of carpet now has to be replaced. Yikes!
8. Our landlord is supposed to take care of the lawn and landscaping as a part of our lease. Well, in the 2 months that I have lived there, the lawn has only been mowed twice! Can someone please reconfirm my belief that mowing the grass once a month in the summer is completely unacceptable?! I have to walk through a darn forest to get to my front door every day!
9. My parents sent me on a find-enough-margarita-mix-for-the-reception run. After spending 15 minutes on hold with Walmart (something I really dont recommend to anyone I remotely like), and trips to two different Walmarts we have half the amount of marg mix we need. Looks like thats another down to the wire to do: acquire enough marg mix and tequila to make fabulous "marry me margaritas" in a week!
And to show you how excited I am to be gaining 2 new roommates, I'll leave you with a pic of the carpet-eating pup himself!
No comments:
Post a Comment