Its been a month since the 2nd annual trip to WDW for marathon weekend, so I figured a recap post was more than due for you readers out there. The trip can best be recapped in pictures, and since we took 500+ in 5 days I had to do some pairing down, obviously:
We stopped several times during the half to take pictures with our favorite characters: The cast of Peter Pan in Fantasy Land. Yes, I ran with a camera in my hand for 13.1 miles.
It was so much warmer this year (a balmy 40 degrees) that I didnt have to wear a sweatshirt so you could see our race numbers. My favorite stop of all: Cinderella and Prince Charming at the base of the castle
We're late, we're late, for a very important date- or race!
Hi Johnny Depp, I didn't expect you to be here!
We saw Al Roker at the start of the half marathon- and we beat him to the finish!
We finished the half in 2:00 after stopping 8x for character pictures and a potty break!
Daisy, we love the medals your boyfriend gave us!
Celebration dinner at il Munino Trattoria at the Swan. Then it was time for B to get ready for the full marathon the next day...
Gorgeous castle the morning of the full marathon as I raced around the parks to cheer him on with doughnut and coffee in hand.
Brandon after he finished the full- and just one little blister worse for the wear.
Bran's goofy challenge photoshoot from the balcony- 3 medals and all! Then it was off to Hollywood studios for the day-
Since I have never had mickey ears I thought it only fitting to wear the fantasia ears, I was reliving my youth.. The roads were still blocked off for the full marathon stragglers (we got to cheer the very last guy on as we walked over to tower of terror!)
My absolute favorite show ever- I think I was more captivated than the 7 year old sitting next to us. Ask B, I sang in his ear for the entire show (he loved it!)
After a 2 great races, many awesome meals, and a fun day at hollywood studios, we began our last day with a character breakfast- Bran's favorite guy
Oh Donald, we very much enjoyed your race!
Pluto, thanks dancing with me at breakfast!
We got grabbed by Disney marathon wknd PR team as soon as we walked into the park to snap some shots for next year's advertising- we got the star treatment as they held everyone back from the castle so our shots wouldnt get ruined.
Christmas card 2011 picture?
We rode every single ride we wanted to (except slash mountain- it was closed again!) and inbetween I experienced utter amazement at the sight of Mary Poppins and some other not-so-often spotted characters
Brandon's one goal: to find Pinichio & Jiminey- we got half of it accomplished
When it began raining, Walt dispatched princesses & their princes to entertain the restless- we found Ariel & Eric just before the celebrate a dream come true parade! (the little girl in line before us was scared of Eric and insisted he remove himself from her picture, haha).
Ending the trip with the electric light parade and the Wishes light show! Not sure if Wishes or Fantasmic was better but it was a great trip! Who wants to join us next year? We've become great Disney tour guides.
We wont talk about how I spent 24 hours in the Orlando airport after having my flight cancelled and delayed 3 times, or how I will never fly airtran again, ever. I refuse to let that major snow bump in the road taint my trip!
No comments:
Post a Comment