Feb 23, 2011

big girl decisions and the moments in between

Life is full of big moments.  Some of them require us to put on our "big girl pants" and step across the threshold that separates the kid that we still wish we were from the adult we know we need to become.  This week I have stepped across another one of those thresholds.  I have to get a new car. uck! For many people this would be a super exciting and fun process (and dont get me wrong it has a lot of potential to be).  But I have never car shopped, had a car payment, or dreamed (reasonably) of a specific and attainable type of car [I was informed that mustangs and BMWs dont count here].  So when I was unexpectedly and rather suddenly thrown into the group of people in this world who find themselves wandering aimlessly around car lots I was not wide-eyed and bushy tailed.

I decided to do what any smart, resourceful 20 something woman would do... call the men in her life for help! Through the help of several important fellas I have come closer to finding what I want and getting closer to putting this whole puzzle together.  Without them I couldnt have done all of this, not even close! We have become a well-oiled machine of 3-way phone calls and even a few cross country emails to make sure my first car buying experience is the best it can be.

But the caveat is that this process has been very stressful.  And *news flash* when I get stressed I snap at the people who I love the most.  I know, most of you are not surprised to read this because you have probably been on the receiving end of this experience with me.  For this I apologize.  But during this experience, the one negative has been that I have one at least one occasion been short, seemingly unappreciative, and not understanding with one of my biggest helpers.  Walking around a car lot in the rain, test driving in the sleet, and responding to my mid-morning calls at work is something I DO appreciate!

Loving me despite this fault to shut people out when I am upset and snap at them when I am stressed is HIS biggest contribution to my sanity.  I know there is a light at the end of this tunnel, and hopefully it involves a new car for me and my best friend sitting in the passenger seat cruising around with me.  So let me have appreciation, patience, and grace in the big girl moments and those in between; because if you cant make it through the big moments, you dont get to celebrate the moments in between...

No comments:

Post a Comment