Jun 25, 2010

i will praise you in this storm

I am a lucky lady.  I live a pretty cushy life.  I have always been typically "healthy" in the most general sense of that word.  Never had too many major medical complications.  I know- many of you may disagree with that statement: (ok, thinking back.... allergist 2x/wk, epi pen, inhaler, anaphylactic shock more than once, drug allergies, etc etc).  At one point my cell phone was littered with the following doctor's contact info in case of an emergency: primary care physician, dentist, eye doctor, obgnyn, allergist, physical therapist, (I know Im forgetting someone)...


Flash forward to last week.  I have now landed myself a Urologist.  I have a kidney stone that is as stubborn as I am.  Translation: I have managed to get myself scheduled for surgery on Tuesday to have my kidney stones removed so that they do not cause another infection or more pain.  That pain might I add was the worst pain that my body has ever experienced.  I think this is a great place to add that kidney stone diagnosis day was the same day that I "graduated" from physical therapy, a mere month after I "graduate" from the allergist, and a mere week from when I would begin my own health insurance policy (hello real world!).  Isn't timing just everything?   


I am not trying to complain or be a debbie-downer.  I know many people have much more to deal with than me, many live in chronic pain.  Heavens, many of my little tots I see each week have gone through more complex medical procedures in their first few months of life that this.  


I know that our God is bigger than discomfort, pressure, pain, surgery, ORs, surgeons, scrub nurses, recovery rooms and post opp procedures.  He is definitely bigger than this little stone inside me that is causing so much stress! So this is my attempt to convince myself that everything will be just fine.  I will be just fine and all I can do is turn this one over to the Lord in prayer and trust him that this too shall pass (oh the irony- preferably on its own before surgery day), and try to praise him through this storm.


In the meantime, please pray for my surgeon, his team, the procedure, my body, and my over-worried self. 

No comments:

Post a Comment