May 18, 2010

When all the city is sleeping*

Currently I have had a hard time finding positives to the "unemployment" scene I have unwillingly become a participant in.  I have never been someone who does well without a to-do list or schedule.  I like waking up, drinking my coffee, answering some emails, and heading off to work.  I revel in busyness, productivity, and a calender-type life.  Sure I know spontaneity needs it's place (something I am working on doing better with) but I cant fight my natural tendencies to enjoy having something to do and someone to do it with.  Yes I did just graduate two weeks ago, after a solid 19 years of schooling, but still.  Being the type A, over achiever that I am, I figured a lot of things in my life would look differently than they currently do when I walked across that stage and got hooded.  One being that I would already have a great, dream job lined up, the offer letter received, and contract signed.  
Fade camera to giggles from the peanut gallery and God's plan being entirely different than mine... funny how that happens. 


But tonight I have found one major perk of having no set commitments in life right now specifically in terms of jobs, schooling, appointments, etc. That is that one can simply browse blogs and photography websites, and even cross-google** until 3:30 am.  I think I have re-awoken the creative monster in me... Who knows where this little reignited spark will rear it's head, maybe with some apt redecorating, or perhaps some photo projects.


*truly this city never sleeps, but at about this time i'd say 98% of it is sleeping, or should be.  Possibly me included.  
**cross-googling: (verb), to google a term/ person/ item/ idea that pops in your head, and from there begins a fury of research and discovery all linked to that initial inquiry.  hence, the term "cross google," very similar to the term "cross multiply" because it speeds up the solution and in the end everyone is happier.  

No comments:

Post a Comment