What a day. Whenever I have car problems I really have car problems.
My freshman year of college I had to try to change a tire on the side of the road going down the mountain from JMU to home, in the rain with my dad explaining to me over the phone how to do it (from a meeting at work). That summer I got in a car accident and not only got a flat tire, but ruined a wheel and an axle.
Fast-forward a few years…
Short version to the long story: on my way to my parents house to pick up my car and take it to have new tires put on (among other things), their car that I was driving got a flat tire. It didn’t just get a flat tire, it got a FLAT TIRE! Probably 20 mi into my journey down 95 the low tire pressure warning light came on. I called my dad and he said just keep going unless it feels weird. Didn’t feel weird to me, so on I went (note to self, those lights mean something, even if the car doesnt "feel weird" pull over). Within minutes of getting off the exit to my hometown the car was rattling, the car was leaning significantly to one side, and the sound was awful. Hence, flat tire. So now, 2 of the 3 cars have tire problems and I am spending the day and NTB. Once my car gets in order I have to go back to the other one (which I left in a parking lot on the other side of town), call a tow truck and then bring it back to NTB to have that tire fixed. All this is complicated by the fact my parents are at work, and no one is in town to help me shuttle two cars across town to get them fixed. So here I sit, with my laptop, trying to entertain myself for what has been so far two hours and my car hasn’t even been lifted up to begin the work… I’m gonna need a mohito tonight!
*this was written at about 3 pm, a mere two hours into my journey, into learning way to much about cars, tires, alignment, shocks, and other such unnecessary things. My car wasnt done until 8 pm. Heavens me, tomorrow's a new day...
No comments:
Post a Comment