Jul 20, 2012

The Igloo

We interrupt the string of wedding weekend recaps to bring you the igloo.  Nope, not the large ice houses of the eskimos, but close.  I'm talking about my finger's newest accessory: 

Sunday afternoon leaving Pets Mart with our furriest (seriously this pup has more fur than I have ever seen... and I vacuum ever other day!) friend I closed my finger in the car door.  OUCH.  But minus the excruciating pain, I moved on.  Kept going to work, trying to ice it when I could, and praying the swelling would go down and I wouldnt loose my finger nail.  

By Wednesday night my finger wasnt shrinking, but continued to grow bigger and bigger (heartbeat in my finger people!).  So yesterday off to the DR I finally went.  The drilled/ burned a hole in my fingernail to relieve the pressure (some of the pressure) and sent me for x-rays to check for a fracture. 
Pre-igloo 

The good news is it's not fractured.  The bad news is if the swelling doesnt go down in the next 2 days they are worried about nerve damage.  Which could mean an orthopedist and surgery for me down the road, lovely.  So, this weekend (amidst Nats v. BRAVES baseball and the Sugarland concert) I will be trying to keep my igloo finger dry (impossible to wash hair and shower independently) and elevated (another impossible feat... I'm walking around with a giant foam-finer in the sky while I loose feeling in my arm).

I guess my sister wasnt kidding in her wedding toast when she gave B the number to my doctor.  I really do have the worst luck with injuries and illnesses.  At least we made it 19 days of being married before needing to call the doc!  

No comments:

Post a Comment