Aug 16, 2010

Cut off

I'm still alive! These past two weeks have been busy ones in my life: moving to a new apartment, celebrating a birthday, and changing areas for my job.  All of these things have been good, but thanks to a lack of technology I have been unable to blog about all these happenings because Im cut off from the world.  


Let me start my saying I love my new place! It is so close to the metro, so close to my new area for work (praise the Lord, no more driving to Reston!), and so close to some pretty significant people.  There's something about being able to walk to the dry cleaners, the doctor's office, and the grocery store that is completely making me feel like a city-girl.  My second roommate just moved in yesterday, so our house is finally complete (minus a few decorating to-dos) oh and our lack of connection to the cyberworld.  


It has been 17 days since my place of residence has had internet.  Apparently, in 4 more days we will be plugged in.  Truly, I havent missed facebook (except for wanting to see wedding pictures from these past few weeks of friends' who got hitched), but Ive missed blogging! There is so much happening, therefore so much I want to update on.  *And hence to say, I need the internet to submit work documents each day (minor details).


On to job changes... I was previously seeing kiddos scattered all over Fairfax County (from Lorton to Falls Church, from Fair Oaks to Herndon/ Reston).  I was driving around 100 miles a day! Well, since the school year is right around the corner my position is finally becoming more like the one I was hired to fulfill (half days at a charter DC preschool and half days in Early Intervention).  My kids are now concentrated in Arlington County and a few in Falls Church.  Work life is getting goooood! 


The big birthday.. 24! It had its ups and downs as all birthdays do.  Overall, it was a good one though.  I got to celebrate with lots of friends and loved ones on Friday (pictures on this to come later from sister) in our own reserved section of the bar, picnicked on saturday and had dinner at a great new restaurant with the boy; then sunday the celebration continued post move with the brooks and dunn concert (best seats ever)! 


Birthday dinner 
Brooks and Dunn Tailgating
Look who I found! 

*PS: yes I blogged from work.  A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do, right? 

No comments:

Post a Comment