Jan 15, 2010

26.2 and a wild week in Disney World

How can I even begin to summarize the most chaotic, most fun, and most memorable 6 days of 2010?! I know that this last week will be one of my all time highlights for quite a while... Here's some of the high points:
Character breakfast with Goofy, Donald & Minnie- we were the loudest table there, goofy showed us some of his awesome pre-race stretch moves, Brandon proposed to Minnie, & Donald shook his tail feather.  Can I eat breakfast like this every morning?!
Race Day! 26.2 miles in 4:44... this was the hardest thing I have ever done! It's hard to believe that a little "hobby" to take my mind of off graduate school has turned into completing a marathon! We had to wake up at 2am to get to the race start in time.  Did I mention it was 28 degrees during the race (the coldest temp in Orlando in 20 years?!).  The course started in Epcot, the we ran to Magic Kingdom, over to Animal Kingdom, into Hollywood Studios then back to Epcot for the finish.  It was soo cold but we did it.  (that's me in the pink about to cross the finish line)! All four runners (Brandon, Ryan, Mr. E & me) finished thanks to the help of our wonderful Cheer Squad (Mrs. E, my aunt Mary- the Disney professional & my mom)! 
We went to the Magic Kingdom the day after the race (while walking like Penguins) and saw everything! From the teacups & thunder mountain to the Dream Come True parade, pics with characters, and stalking Woody all afternoon so B could get a picture.  The fireworks Wishes show at night was better than the 4th of July! It was a magical day for sure.  
Then we hopped from Hollywood Studios to Animal Kingdom and finally Epcot on the last day.  We hit almost every ride in all three parks and made time for a few shows and the safari too.  I don't know if anyone has ever done all that we did in a single day! 
These pictures barely do the week justice! If anyone is interested, there are over 800 more pictures I can show you!  Only 355 days till next year's marathon.. or maybe I'll do the Goofy Challenge (run the half marathon on Saturday and the full marathon on Sunday)! Any takers??

No comments:

Post a Comment