For a very important group of women, today is a special day.
110 years ago, a legacy began, Alpha Sigma Tau sorority was founded.
I know it sounds cliche, but the bonds of sisterhood really are life lasting. As we have gotten older and more time has elapsed since the carefree days of college, I have come to realize more and more how valuable the friendships built through my sorority are to me. While we are scattered all over the country, and in various stages throughout our lives, its great to know that there is a group of women whom you only have to call and they'll be there. These are women that I've laughed with, cried with, spent weeks preparing for Greek Sing with, prayed with, sat through hours of meetings with, been to countless social events with, and most importantly been through life's most fun and most difficult times with as well. So today, from St. Louis to Towson, and back to Harrisonburg TLM sisters! I am so thankful for yall.
I've heard it said
That people come into our lives for a reason
Bringing something we must learn
And we are led
To those who help us most to grow
If we let them
And we help them in return
Well, I don't know if I believe that's true
But I know I'm who I am today
Because I knew you
Like a comet pulled from orbit
As it passes a sun
Like a stream that meets a boulder
Halfway through the wood
Who can say if I've been changed for the better?
But because I knew you
I have been changed for good
It well may be
That we will never meet again
In this lifetime
So let me say before we part
So much of me
Is made of what I learned from you
You'll be with me
Like a handprint on my heart
And now whatever way our stories end
I know you have re-written mine
By being my friend...
-"For Good" Wicked
No comments:
Post a Comment