Aug 10, 2011

guilty pleasures

I wouldnt consider myself a big fan of reality tv.  im truly not a big tv watcher to begin with, it serves a background noise purpose in my life most days if its even turned on.  i never liked survivor, only watched the bachelor because my roommates did, and couldnt care about american idol (sorry BE).  but if I had a tivo, these shows would be my top choices (in no particular order):

1. dance moms: I love this because it reminds me of competitive cheerleading, the moms are ridiculous, and the teacher is a royal pain.  the fact that it takes place in pittsburgh and there is never a shortage of drama doesnt hurt either.

2. storage wars:
a newly found (embarrassing) favorite- the people are so trashy but walk into a storage facility a drop more money than I am spenging on our entire wedding for the unknown contents of a storage locker.  my favorite part is when they fight over the bidding and that the wife of the auctioneer says "folks" every 10 words.

3. the kardashians/ chloe & lamar:
who doesnt love this train-wreck of a family? even shopping with this family is good drama and dont get me started on family meals.  I would just like to check and see if anyone else knew that Bruce is Brody from the Hills father?! i just figured that out about a month ago.


4. betheny ever after:
the most redeeming quality of this show at first is how hunky Jason Hoppy (her hubby) is! Then Bethenny grows on you- partly because you feel bad for how much her life seems to suck until she marketed a margarita and found Jason, and then she had an amazingly weird nanny for her baby- I enjoy asking myself what the heck she's thinking!

5. amsale girls: the newest addition to the top 5.  I love love love Amsale designs and her dresses.  I just dont love her price tag.  This show is way better than say yes to the dress (the consultants are nicer, the dresses are prettier, and the show is more involved than guidettes begging their daddies for more money).

No comments:

Post a Comment